Unlike most A/B pedals, which simply leave the unused signal open, the Saturnworks AB pedal is specially wired to ground the unused signal. This requires more expensive switches and a lot more wiring, but the result is an extremely quiet top quality A/B.
The LED versions feature a bright bi-color LED that allows you to easily see which input is active. The 9v version is large enough to fit a 9v battery and comes with a 9v battery clip.
The A/B input/output + FX loop switch is a pretty specific application, but one we’ve gotten a few requests for. It switches between two inputs A/B style, sends the signal though a hardwired loop, and then to an A/B output–all on the same switch. This would be useful if you had two instruments, which you wanted to switch between two amps, but still using the same pedalboard. For example, it would be used if you switch between a guitar and a keyboard, and you want the guitar to go to a guitar amp, your keyboard to go to your keyboard amp, but you want both to share the same pedalboard.
Saturnworks A/B pedals include boutique grade parts and features including:
- A compact 1.5″ x 3″ x 1.25″ (4″ x 2″ for battery version) cast-aluminum enclosure saves precious space on your board
- A unique wiring configuration grounds the unused signal. This cuts down on noise that can be caused by standard A/B pedals that simply leave the unused signal open.
- A ‘pro’ grade switch rated for triple the durability of the standard switches most brands use
- Heavy duty Neutrik jacks
- Military-spec silver-plated wire
- Being passive the A/B pedal does not require power to function. Only the optional LED requires power.
- Handcrafted and bench-tested in the USA
Saturnworks pedals feature a 1-year warranty against manufacturing defects.