The Saturnworks ABY pedal takes a single input and switches it A/B style to one of two outputs (A or B), or, with a second switch, to both at the same time (Y).
The active version features a built-in dual buffer to prevent signal loss in split (Y) mode. Each output has its own separate buffer, which keeps your tone clear and prevents signal and level loss. The dual buffers also prevent high-end signal loss over long cable runs.
The ABY black version features upgraded soft click switches, a powder-coated black enclosure, and Switchcraft jacks.
The signals coming from the active ABY are in phase with one another. However, inserting devices between the ABY pedal and your amp can alter the phase. The versions with phase inversion toggles feature active phase inverting circuits to help with potential out-of-phase issues.
Since an ABY pedal splits your signal, it is best to use the passive ABY after a buffer to prevent tone or level loss. The passive ABY (not the active ABY) can be used in reverse to sum (combine) two signals into one.
The Saturnworks ABY pedal features boutique grade components and features including:
- A durable 4.5” x 2.5”x 1” cast aluminum enclosure.
- High quality switches.
- Heavy duty Neutrik brand jacks, or Switchcraft for black pedals.
- An isolated jack and ground lift switch on one of the outputs, to help with ground hum issues.
- The active ABY runs on standard 9v DC center-negative power.
- The passive ABY does not need power to work, only to make the LEDs light up.
- A 1-year warranty against manufacturing defects.
Upgrades and Customizations
Because we know you want your pedal to reflect you, Saturnworks offers a variety of premium upgrades. Customizations and upgrades include powder-coated enclosures, upgraded jacks, upgraded switches (including our incredible soft click latching switches), and custom graphics. Check out our graphics and customizations page for more information.